These three new products from Lamelle do what was previously impossible – they employ cytokines to control the chronic inflammation that’s ageing us
A couple of weeks ago, we told you that scientists discovered what actually causes skin ageing: A silent, chronic type of inflammation that slowly degrades the body over time.
Good news: Lamelle Research Laboratories has introduced three new products to the Dermaheal range that use special enzymes called cytokines to effectively “switch off” chronic inflammation.
How chronic inflammation ages you
Chronic inflammation is when irritants like sunlight, smoke, pollution, cosmetics, perfumes and chemicals, and other factors like stress, bacteria and infections, poor diet etc. trigger free radicals in the skin. The free radicals cause microscopic injuries, which the body tries to heal with its natural inflammation responses.
With any inflammatory immune response, the body releases tissue-break-down enzymes called Matrix Metalloproteinase (MMPs). In the case of normal, local inflammation for healing a wound (when you get a cut or scrape) the MMPs are vital for destroying injured tissue, so the skin can heal and renew.
In the case of chronic inflammation, though, there is no big wound, and thus no injured tissue to destroy. Sadly, the MMPs now start breaking down healthy skin cells. And this is where the trouble lies.
In skin, there are three very dangerous types of MMPs:
- Collagenase – breaks down collagen
- Elastinase – breaks down elastin
- Hyaluronidase – breaks down hyaluronic acid
As you probably already know, the collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid are vital for healthy skin. In fact, the MMPs caused by chronic inflammation destroy all the elements of healthy skin. And in so doing, chronic inflammation (or inflammaging as it’s often called) accelerates the ageing process.
Fortunately, Lamelle Research Laboratories did all the research and testing, and now know how to “switch off” chronic inflammation by manipulating special enzymes called cytokines.
What are cytokines?
Cytokines are small proteins that cells secrete to help the body stay healthy. They are vital for the immune system to function because (among other functions) cytokines control inflammation in the body.
Cytokines are actually able to instruct a cell to switch the inflammation response on or off. To do this, there are physically different types of cytokines:
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines – switch inflammation on
- Anti-inflammatory cytokines – switch inflammation off
Medical Director at Lamelle Research Laboratories, Dr Bradley Wagemaker, and his team recently announced that they’ve isolated the two most powerful “good” anti-inflammatory cytokines, called IL-4 and IL-10. And, by including these in the NEW Dermaheal range, these products now have the remarkable ability to instruct your skin cells to “switch off” chronic inflammation, effectively flipping the switch on accelerated ageing itself.
3 New products containing anti-inflammatory cytokines:
NEW Dermaheal Cellular Repair Cream
- Anti-inflammatory cytokines (to switch off chronic inflammation)
- Nobel Prize-winning Recombinant Human Growth Factors technology
- Pycnogenol® (most powerful antioxidant)
- Fast-absorbed Vitamin C for resilient collagen and elastin
NEW Dermaheal Renewal Cream
- Advanced concentrations of anti-inflammatory cytokines
- Lamelle’s patented Recombinant Human Growth Factors technology
- The unique antioxidant Astaxanthin
- Ceramide-P lipid barrier defence
NEW Dermaheal Ultra Renewal Cream
- Lamelle’s most advanced anti-inflammatory cytokine complex
- The most advanced blend of Recombinant Human Growth Factors
- Cell-turnover balancing retinoid
- Hyaluronic acid fragment (HAFi) technology
- Ceramide-P lipid barrier defence
All three of these advanced chronic inflammation-supressing products are already available at aesthetic clinics. Ask your therapist for them by name.
Got any inflammaging or ageing questions, tips or ideas? Let us know in the comments below.